Early Intervention- Identification of early speech or language delay is a crucial piece of pediatric care and development. The goals of early intervention are prevention, remediation, and compensation to encourage and enhance functional communication.
Communication Strategies - When a young child needs a communication method, speech therapy techniques and baby sign can be a helpful tools to encourage communication with caregivers.
Autism- Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) often requires speech therapy services. MPMC can help with speech delays and social communication skills.
Tele-health and home based services available.
- Speech Therapy
- Feeding Therapy
- Social Integration
- Play Based Early Intervention
- Family Training
Scope of Practice
- Articulation Disorders
- Receptive/ Expressive Disorders
- Oral-Motor Difficulties
- Feeding Difficulties
- Resonance/Voice Disorders
- Pronunciation Difficulties
- Communication Difficulties
-Pragmatic/ Social Difficulties
- Direct observation in school setting
- Collaborate with teachers on tasks
- Develop techniques to communicate
- Assist with program modification
- Provide resources for school staff
Articles & Resources
- Speech and Language assessment
- Feeding and Sensory feeding assessment
- Oral Motor/ Articulation assessments